It is NEVER too early to sign-up for an event.
Preparation for all events occurs throughout the year – early assistance makes us more successful!
For most events, we need volunteers to assist with:
– planning and research several months prior;
– set-up for several hours before the event occurs;
– working the various tables and assisting students with activities for 30-45 minute shifts during the event;
– and clean-up after the event.
For most events, we also ask for parent assistance in donating materials and equipment, and soliciting donations of food, gift certificates, and other items from local businesses. EVERY donation reduces the cost of the event, allowing us to allocate more funds to other projects at Tavan.
Unless otherwise noted below, please contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com to sign-up for any event, to donate materials and equipment, or with any questions on volunteering at Tavan. THANK YOU!
- Tavan Fundraiser
- Welcome back social
- Book Sale
- Sweetheart Dance
– Tavan Recycles with our Green Team – ONGOING: Tavan thanks all volunteers for their hard work to make our recycling effort happen every week! Last year, we recycled 35 tons and received over $700 and saved 595 trees! To give our current parent volunteers a break, we are looking for volunteers to “Adopt a Can”. It takes 10 minutes once per week to take a container with recyclables to the front of the school. If you come to wait for your child on Fridays and can give us 10 minutes of your time, we’d love your support! CONTACT: Ana McCrory at (480) 484-3457, o en espanol, Maria Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Teacher Appreciation Week – May during school hours:
Our teachers are our most prized resource at Tavan – they educate, inspire, and guide our students, and we are grateful for their time, energy, and dedication. During Teacher Appreciation Week, we demonstrate our thanks with decorations, gifts, and food. Assist with planning, preparation of decorations, and set-up, serving, and clean-up during Monday’s breakfast and Wednesday’s luncheon.
– Field Days – during school hours:
This annual event runs for several days in April. Tavan 1st-5th grade classes are grouped into teams for a fun day of outdoor and indoor sports and games. A wonderful opportunity for our students to experience different sports, learn about sportsmanship, and engage in friendly competition! Assist Tavan coaches by running an activity or game during the event.
– Tavan Bucks Book Exchange – May during school hours (time TBD):
The theme of this fun event is “New to You!” All Tavan grades participate by bringing gently used books to school. For each book a student brings in, they receive one “Book Buck” and use that buck to “shop” for a different book to take home. Please note: each year, we have a shortage of chapter books for the exchange – any chapter books your student can bring will be greatly appreciated by all! Assist by receiving students’ books, organizing the tables, helping students select books during the exchange, and packaging leftover books on the last day.
– 5th Grade Banquet – May 6:00pm
The 5th Grade Banquet is a special evening that students look forward to throughout their career at Tavan! It is a wonderful celebration of accomplishment and includes a promotion and award ceremony, and a lovely formal dinner.